Author Topic: TS-HTGL/R5 - Lost Access to Shared Folders  (Read 1266 times)

andrewerbs

• Calf
TS-HTGL/R5 - Lost Access to Shared Folders
« on: March 08, 2011, 05:19:52 AM »

Hi Guys,

Having trouble getting back into the shared folders on my Terrastation TS-HTGL/R5

I've tried from a few workstations and while it accepts my guest or admin login, I get a 'connect failed' response from my Mac when I try to open either the info share or my other media share.

I've rebooted the NAS, tried changing the IP address and did a disk check all to no avail.

I did manage to get access to the info folder via FTP and can see a folder 'array1' but no sign of my other data.

Any suggestions on how to get in or maybe find a system log that will give me some info to troubleshoot?

Cheers,

Andrew

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: TS-HTGL/R5 - Lost Access to Shared Folders
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 09:36:17 AM »

First, I would install the NAS Navi and see if the unit is reporting any errors. If you are on site, you could also just look at the LCD screen. Second I would try from a Windows PC. You have to make sure that afp or apple talk is enabled on the units servics and also on the folder. Same thing for FTP. You need to make sure that FTP is enabled for that folders options or that folder will not show up when accessing it via FTP.