Author Topic: Terastation TS-QVH4.0TL/R6 Boot fail  (Read 5254 times)

the.ormston

• Calf
Re: Terastation TS-QVH4.0TL/R6 Boot fail
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2022, 06:53:26 AM »
Thank you, that is exactly the type of thing that would trip me up.
Another question:  Do I need 4 matching HDD's in terms of size, or just 4 HDD's?

Thanks again

Chris

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2022, 08:14:50 AM »
It's not you, they removed the "NoFormatting" flag in recent versions of LS/TSUpdater.

You can manually trigger the partition/format function by calling the script directly using acp_commander:
Code: [Select]
java -jar acp_commander.jar -t <device ip address>  -c "/usr/local/bin/create_partition.sh"
If you are using less than 4 drives you'll probably also have to tweak the max drives value.
Code: [Select]
java -jar acp_commander.jar -t <device ip address> -c "echo MAX_DISK_NUM=2 >> etc/nas_feature"
After that the installer should work normally.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 08:20:03 AM by 1000001101000 »

the.ormston

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2022, 04:43:55 AM »
Finally.  All up and running and happy.

I added a 4th disk that is a different capacity, then used acp_commander to force the format.  As I have a screen and keyboard attached, I did try running the command locally, but it asked for the root password.

Thank you so much for all the help.
I've gone from feeling stupid, to feeling relieved that I hadn't missed anything obvious and it just feels like this device was conspiring to stop me.

Now I need to find some subtle way to put a big note on it so I don't repeat my mistake.
Just need to wait for the RAID sync to complete and I can power it off, pull the USB stick and put all the screws back into the HDD's

Thanks again

Chris