Author Topic: Feature requests for AC1750 / WZR-D1800H  (Read 2198 times)

Asok

• Calf
Feature requests for AC1750 / WZR-D1800H
« on: March 07, 2013, 05:21:25 PM »

Product: WZR-D1800H (aka AC1750)

Firmware: Ver.1.91 (R1.32/B6.30.15-1.04-1.00)

ISP: Comcast cable (35/8)

I love this device, but coming from DD-WRT, there are a few things that I would love to see changed.

1) Add a label column to the DHCP table.  I have about 45 manual MAC-to-IP mappings and I would love to add some context next to each like "server", "xbox", etc.

2) Increase the limit of port forwarding entries.  Right now, it is capped at 32.  I have 5 PCs and 3 game consoles and could easily add 50+ entries if it would let me.  Xbox alone takes 6 entries and I like to add all my Xboxes and then be able to toggle one off and the other on when changing rooms.  Many PC games take 5+ entries.  Things add up quick and I always hit the 32 limit.

3) I cannot add the same port number to the port forwarding table more than once, even if one of them is disabled.  In my Xbox example above, I would love to create an Xbox1 group with the 6 entries it needs and an Xbox2 group with the same 6 entries to a different IP.  I would only ever have one enabled at a time.  Right now, the UI says "Port number is duplicated", even if the port that is already in the table is disabled.

4) Is it really necessary to see "Now re-starting! Estimated time to restart is XX s. Please Wait..." after every single tiny change?  I literally saw that message over 100 times doing my initial setup.  It is more tolerable now that I'm setup, but I still feel it with the 32 port limit on the port forwarding.  Right now, to change from Xbox1 to Xbox2 I have to edit each of the 6 port entries to change the IP.  After each change, it makes me wait 32 seconds.  So, I'm spending 3-4 minutes staring at "Please wait" each time I want to simply switch from one config to another.

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Feature requests for AC1750 / WZR-D1800H
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »

Good ideas, please post them as single post/ideas in the Idea Exchange section, so readers can vote on the ideas - the more votes, the more attention they get from our Marketing and Engineering teams. Get all your friends to vote for your ideas.