Author Topic: I am having problem deleting my shared folders, anyone have the same issue?  (Read 3078 times)

NotEasy

• Calf
   This is so frustrating, first is was the limited 4 gb for folders (it is still not letting me upload more than 4 gb) error message states "the item cannot be copied because there is not enough free space", the files are not fat 32, now I can't delete my shared folders.  I called tech support (20-25 minute wait) he was no help at all, he even gave me an attitude (like are you stupid or something)? You don't know how to configure an easy plug and play device?  Maybe I am overly sensative because I am frustrated with this device.
Message Edited by NotEasy on 07-27-2009 04:12 PM

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
I am sorry that you have had a rough experience but when inquiring about a product please make sure to include a model number and firmware version.

NotEasy

• Calf
   Can you someone help me with a resolution?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
No problem sir, but I need a model number.

NotEasy

• Calf

ls-ch1.

thanks

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
How are you trying to transfer files?  What firmware do you have? 

NotEasy

• Calf
   I am transferring from my macbook (appletalk), I have tried samba (no avail) to the shared folder.  The firmware is 1.02.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Hmm, update the firmware and try again via "smb://"

NotEasy

• Calf

ok, I will give you an update once it is done.

Thanks

NotEasy

• Calf

Hi,

I have tried to transfer the data through Samba  and it is still not working.  Also, how do I delete the shared folders?

thanks

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Try resetting to defaults in the web interface. Try creating a new shared folder in the web interface; does the Volume section allows you to choose anything? You can delete shared folders in the web interface. Go to Shared Folders, check the box and click delete.

NotEasy

• Calf
   There is no box to check.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Can you post a screenshot of the shared folders section?