Author Topic: Access data on HDD from RAID1 configuration  (Read 1506 times)

zebulon

• Calf
Access data on HDD from RAID1 configuration
« on: September 15, 2010, 10:48:51 AM »

Hello 

I own 2 Buffalo NAS linkstation.

One linkstation 500 Go that works fine 7/7-24/24, this one is hosting my music library.

I also own a linkstation pro duo 1To (2x500 Go HDD), I bought the pro duo because of the RAID functionality.

The purpose of the pro duo was to make sure my data were safe.

I experienced a problem with this pro duo station.

The inbuilt controller failed, the station was starting and stopping after less than 1 minute.

I had to return the station it was under warranty and it has been replaced but I have never been able to retrieve the data.

So my question is 

Is there any way to access the data stored on RAID 1 disks without the NAS controller.

I mean can I connect it to a PC (Linux if so what distribution or Windows) and have a full access to my data stored on the hard disk drives.

Is there any software to install for it ?

I did try last time to connect it on a Linux box in order to mount the file system but it seems to be a proprietary file system here :(.

Until I'm not sure I can retrieve my data in case of hardware failure I'm a bit suspicious on the usage I can do of this station. 

Thanks for your help

Yves

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Access data on HDD from RAID1 configuration
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 11:17:37 AM »

Search: linux data

multiple answers appear:

linux recovery

this is done at user's discretion and it the user is not extremely familiar with linux - please contact support first.

zebulon

• Calf
Re: Access data on HDD from RAID1 configuration
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 05:19:59 PM »

Thanks drmemory
Will get a look onto this.

Yves