Author Topic: What are the power loss impacts on LS420D units with Raid 1 setup?  (Read 1981 times)

AlanL

• Calf
Hello,

LS420D with quantity 2 of 4 TB drives in a Raid 1 configuration
Using 1 Gb Ethernet connection
The technical data on the LS420D Advance Settings screen is:  LS420D (LS420DBCF)  Version 1.34-0.95

I have plugged the LS420D AC power into my UPS (Tripplite) for protection.  When the Tripplite loses AC power it notifies my server to shutdown.  Eventually the Tripplite also shuts down if AC power is not restored before the battery runs down.

The LS420D UPS setup menus indicate I could sync with another Linksys on the network, but I only have this one unit, so that won't work.  Are there any other capabilities to receive a shut down notice?  I'm assuming not, but if so, please direct me to that information.

So, the point of my question is to ask what the impact of an AC loss is on the LS420D.  Obviously if it was in a write mode, I could see why that might cause a problem, but I'm curious if the unit is being accessed in read mode, or not accessed at all, will there be any problems with an unexpected AC power loss?  I don't have a problem powering the unit down when no one will be around in the event of an AC power loss, I just need to know how the unit will react so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks.