Author Topic: Backup to USB Drive  (Read 1728 times)

omicronkappa278

• Calf
Backup to USB Drive
« on: December 27, 2010, 03:58:06 PM »

I have a Buffalo NAS Linkstation LS-CHL-V2 (500GB)

I also have a Buffale USB drive (500GB) plugged into it.

My plan was to have an incremental backup run each day to the USB drive from the main linkstation for have a backup. It starts running as normal when it is scheduled. It is set to backup both shares I have to the USB Drive... It runs, but It never seems to actually get a full backup. The NAs Navigator shows the Main Linkstation at 162/451GB or 35% and the USB shows as 20/465GB... It has run two nights and never has happened yet.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Backup to USB Drive
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 06:25:37 AM »

What backup type do you have setup?

Overwrite Backup

Saves as "_backups\sourcename\data". Does a complete backup every time, if a file is on the destination that is not on the source, it will not be deleted.

Overwrite Backup (Complete/Differential):

Saves as "_backups\sourcename\data". Does a complete backup every time, if a file is on the destination that is not on the source, it will be deleted.

Overwrite Backup (Append):

Saves as "_backups\sourcename\data". Does a complete backup the first time, subsequent backups only send the changes. If a file is on the destination that is not on the source, it will not be deleted.

Overwrite Backup (Differential):

Saves as "_backups\sourcename\data". Does a complete backup the first time, subsequent backups only send the changes. If a file is on the destination that is not on the source, it will be deleted.

omicronkappa278

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:45:06 PM »

Incremental...

But it was Formatted at FAT32, I am thinking I had files over 4GB... May have been it. I am going to try to Reformat at XFS... What do you think?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 01:29:20 AM »

It's definately worth a try although if that were the issue I would think that you would have had an error and/or corruption by this point.