Author Topic: Backup to remote Linkstion - remote destination not showing up  (Read 2140 times)

bdavid

• Calf
Backup to remote Linkstion - remote destination not showing up
« on: October 24, 2008, 10:11:27 AM »

I am trying to set up a backup from a linkstation pro to a remote linkstation pro.

I can see my remote linkstaion in the linkstion list but the nothing shows up in the destination dropdown list when trying to create the backup. 

Here are the details of what I've done so far.

I have two 2 terabyte Terastations. 1 vers 1.04 and the 2nd is a little newer, vers. 2 or someting.

One terastation is at my office and is used as a file server.  the 2nd terastation is at a remote office and as file server and a backup destination for the office terastation.

1. both terastaions are behind linksys routers and are set with a static IP.
  2. I have forwarded port 873 for each terastation at each router.
  3. in the terastations admin screen I can add the remote tarastation by entering its routers IP address.  the remote station then shows up in the terastion list.  (It shows the local address from the remote router (192.168.2.161)  this is the address that I assigned it and forwarded the port 873 to.

When I try to set up a backup schedule and try to select the destination folder I do not see any folders from the remote terastation. 

Help! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Backup to remote Linkstion - remote destination not showing up
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 01:29:39 PM »
Make sure the firmware is up to date on both units

pritter

• Calf
Re: Backup to remote Linkstion - remote destination not showing up
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 09:02:08 AM »
   I am having the same problem with two LS-WSGL-R1 firmware v1.06.
 Ping and "rsync rsync://<ip_address>/" from my laptop are working without issues. 
One of the LS is seeing the other, but cannot select a folder while on the other LS there isn't even the remote LS in the Linkstation list.
Any info on how to debug or the mechanism this detection should work?