Author Topic: Backup to USB drive on Linkstation Live unreliable  (Read 1956 times)

lantonov

• Calf
Backup to USB drive on Linkstation Live unreliable
« on: April 27, 2009, 12:24:04 PM »
   I have Linkstation Live HS-DH500GL with latest firmware 2.11. I have attached 2 USB drives - one WB 500GB, the other Seagate 1TB - both formatted with XFS by the Linkstation. I am trying to backup the main drive to the Seagate drive. The operation worked the first time, the Home screen shows that the right amount of data is being used on the destination drive, but when I browse the usbdisk1 share, there are no files visible. After attempting different things, finally shutting off the linkstation and restarting, showed all the files on the share. The next (differential) backup worked, but after it was done, the disk contents was again not visible. This time the restart did not fix the issue. What is going on and how can I get the backup to work properly?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Backup to USB drive on Linkstation Live unreliable
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:23:05 AM »

You might just need to format the drive again or even try a different usb cable. If that doesnt help I would suggest downloading the firmware for the unit and following the force firmware update procudure in the knoweldge base.