Author Topic: security pop-up warning on workstations...  (Read 7054 times)

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: security pop-up warning on workstations...
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 11:55:02 AM »

This software is not require AT ALL to run this unit. If you know the IP address then you should be able to communciate with it. Try resetting the unit.

Please switch the unit to off and wait until the lights are off.

Hold the function button for 10 seconds while it is still off.

While still holding the function button after 10 seconds please flip the switch to on.

Once the function light begins to blink release the function button and press it again for one second.

Wait until the power light is solid and this will restore your unit.

This process will not delete any data and will only restore the admin password and set the IP address back to DHCP.

Download the latest version of the nas navi software from our site and try that. Once it detects it, put the unit no a static IP address. If you are still getting issues with the software on your mail server you can now remove the software. The only thing the software does is tell you what IP address the unit is at. Again, it is NOT required to run this device.

tothehoop

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »

well if it's not required to run the device, any idea what happened here since the device has become completely inaccessible since i removed it?? :)

i will see if i can get my client to follow these steps otherwise it will be a few days until i can get out to the site to do it.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 12:37:49 PM »

It sounds like the unit either got a different IP address or you are using the wrong IP.

tothehoop

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 12:41:14 PM »

i checked the DHCP server....nothing new there...

i know i am using the right IP address...i had it bookmarked...documented, the whole 9 yards...

i can still ping it, but can't do anything else.

and if the device was "ok" shouldn't the detection tool have picked it up?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »

Usually yes, but the one off of the CD is rather old. And you were not able to get to it through the browser correct?

tothehoop

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »

correct...not able to see it through a web browser...

i am trying to download the software from the website, but don't have access to my device's serial ## right now, can you help me get a copy of the software?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 01:01:17 PM »

Use the LS-CHL model number, that one does not require a serial number to download it.

tothehoop

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 01:05:52 PM »

thank you!

Troyf

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 08:55:33 AM »
Hello,
I am having this same issue after replacing our Linksys router with a Buffalo router. I get the same security dialog every time a user opens up Outlook. Has there been a firmware update to fix this? Is there another solution?

-Side note, your security question about the second part of the word in most buffalo products is apparently quite the riddle to those unfamiliar with your products.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Net7

• Hating Disclaimers, and loving it.
  • Tatanka
  • NeverEnoughBacon
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 01:38:31 AM »
Hello,
I am having this same issue after replacing our Linksys router with a Buffalo router. I get the same security dialog every time a user opens up Outlook. Has there been a firmware update to fix this? Is there another solution?

-Side note, your security question about the second part of the word in most buffalo products is apparently quite the riddle to those unfamiliar with your products.

Uhh... you necro'd a post from 2011, and it was in relation to a Buffalo NAS not Router... (or as far as I can tell)

That being said, the only thing I can think of is the Time setting on the Router...

I recommend you open your own post with the issue, make sure to include your model and firmware in use along with all the important PC details... also, place it in the Wireless section :D