Author Topic: Access Denied on Bittorrent Folder Contents Deletion  (Read 1696 times)

whisperwind

• Calf
Access Denied on Bittorrent Folder Contents Deletion
« on: March 19, 2010, 04:32:50 PM »
   I have a LS-CH1.0TL firmware 1.0 set up without any access restrictions. I have two bittorrent directories, one nested inside the other (don't ask me why). The inner one has all my bittorrent downloads. When I try to delete a bittorrent download it says access denied if it is the not inside a subfolder. \\Ls-chl3e1\share\bittorrent\bittorrent\file cannot be deleted, while \\Ls-chl3e1\share\bittorrent\bittorrent\folder\file can be, but the folder it was in cannot. The read only bit is filled in on the properties of the bittorrent folders, but when I clear it and apply it it just comes back.

DuglasKrin

• Calf
Re: Access Denied on Bittorrent Folder Contents Deletion
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 05:18:05 AM »

LONG PATH TOOL
Do you have error messages?, like :
• Path too long
• Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk
• Cannot delete file: Access is denied
• There has been a sharing violation.
• Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name.
• The source or destination file may be in use.
• The file is in use by another program or user.
• Error Deleting File or Folder
• Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
• Error Copying File or Folder.
• Cannot remove folder.
• The filename or extension is too long.
• Path too deep.
• Destination Path Too Long.
• Could not find this item.
• Filename is not valid.
• The file could not be accessed.
• The path you entered, is too long. Enter a shorter path.
• File Name could not be found. Check the spelling of the filename, and verify that the file location is correct.

Download LONG PATH Tool 3.6 at longpathtooldotcom

gabrielko

• Calf
Re: Access Denied on Bittorrent Folder Contents Deletion
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 07:51:33 AM »

I heard that a long path tool can solve this problem...any1 heard of the one from pathtoodeep.com? :)