Author Topic: DLNA client cannot see AVI and MOV files on Buffalo Linkstation Duo LS-WVL  (Read 7184 times)

TimConn

• Calf

I am having an issue where .AVI and .MOV files are not  visible on my DLNA client which is a Sony Bravia KDL-46HDHX800 TV. The DLNA server is picked up by the TV and appears in the list of accessible devices but the only files that are visible / playable are .MPG files. Previously I was using Window 7 Media Player as my DLNA server and all .AVI and .MOV files were accessible. So I know my DLNA client (Sony TV) supports these files types. I have enabled the DLNA server settings in the Web Interface and have the latest firmware version.

VERSION=1.58-2.96 BOOT= KERNEL= INITRD=2012/04/17 18:31:25 ROOTFS=2012/04/17 18:31:20 FILE_BOOT = u-boot.img FILE_KERNEL = uImage.img FILE_INITRD = initrd.img FILE_ROOTFS = hddrootfs.img

Why are these file extension types no longer visible? According to the manual

The LinkStation’s DLNA media server supports the following types of files

.avi, .divx, .asf, .mpg, .mpe, .m1v, .vcb, .mts, .m2ts, .m2t, .mpeg, .mpeg2,

.vdr, .spts, .tp, .ts, .3gp, .mov, .m4v, .wmv, .dvr-ms, .xvid, .mp4, .m4v

Can anyone help me out here?

drmemory

• Big Bull

what is the firmware version of your sony TV?

Eezageeza

• Calf

I know this is an old thread, but I've just got a Linkstation Pro Duo and am having the exact same problem with m4v files. My Sony Blu Ray player previously "saw" these when I used Windows Media Player as a DLNA server, but now that I've transferred the files to my NAS and am using the NAS's DLNA server, these files are no longer visible (whereas my music files are fine).

Did you ever find a solution to this??

Eezageeza

• Calf
Re: DLNA client cannot see AVI and MOV files on Buffalo Linkstation Duo LS-WVL
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »

I actually solved my problem - thought I would post the solution in case anyone sees it.

I logged-in to the Twonky interface and changed the Media Receiver type from "Generic Media Receiver" to "Sony Blu-Ray Home Theatre".

For those unsure how to access the interface (as was I until I accidentally discovered it), on Windows 7, go to "Network", then right-click the Linkstation in the "Media Devices" section and select "View Device WEbpage". Then, to apply this fix, go to settings (click the spanner icon), then "Media Receivers" and select your receiver type from the drop-down box next to the IP address of your client.

Hope this helps someone out quicker than it took me to stumble-upon this solution :-)

fabianp

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 12:21:46 AM »
Hello guys,

Since i bought my linkstation (About 8 months) I have been working fine with my linkstation and samsumg tv, Bluray samsung and Bluray Sony, ipad, ipod etc etc and all is working fine with DLNA service.

One day muy linkstation send error "EM Mode" so i have to upgrade firmware to fix it. Now i have ver 1.65, all my devices  working fne except blueray Sony, all files in AVI Format show as MPEG Format and i cant see anyone. Before upgrade sony Bluray working fine.

Cheers

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 09:17:31 AM »
Hello guys,

Since i bought my linkstation (About 8 months) I have been working fine with my linkstation and samsumg tv, Bluray samsung and Bluray Sony, ipad, ipod etc etc and all is working fine with DLNA service.

One day muy linkstation send error "EM Mode" so i have to upgrade firmware to fix it. Now i have ver 1.65, all my devices  working fne except blueray Sony, all files in AVI Format show as MPEG Format and i cant see anyone. Before upgrade sony Bluray working fine.

Cheers

update to 1.68 and reset via admin page.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

fabianp

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »

Hello guys,

Cheers

update to 1.68 and reset via admin page.
Thanks Davo, but where i can get ver 1.68? on Buffalo Webpage only show ver 1.65.
Thanks again
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:18:53 PM by fabianp »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!