Author Topic: LS-320GL in EM after power outage  (Read 3686 times)

kieronquin

• Calf
LS-320GL in EM after power outage
« on: March 26, 2009, 01:47:04 AM »

Hi All,

Having seen  a similar post I thought I would run a similar scenario past you all for your feedback.

I had a power outage this morning, my RCD tripped and cut all our power.

I went round turning everything back on, but found that my LS seemed not to be serving up my music to my Roku.

I've been round the houses a bit but can note the following.

1) It's still at it's original IP address (192.168.0.9) this is assigned to its mac so it remains the same.

2) I can ping it.

3) I used the acp_commander.jar to give me Telnet access, which has enabled me to ls -la and move around the file system.

4) I have "found" it using Buffalo NAS Client utility which reports the following:

Host Name: LS-GL-EM8BC
WorkGroup: UNKNOWN
IP Address: 192.168.0.9
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Mac: 00:16:01:41:c8:BC
Firmware: -----

From one of the posts on the site it's noted that using LSUpdater (for the LS-320GL in my case) I can re-flash the firmware and all will be OK again!

My Q is: will my data still be there? My backup has not run since I put a load of stuff on it the other night (could not have timed this better!).

If not, any view on how to get the data off before doing this?

Thanks loads for your help.

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: LS-320GL in EM after power outage
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 02:26:43 PM »
   Need to flash the firmware.  Not sure on your data as an improper shutdown can cause issues.  You'll be able to find out if your data is still there once you flash the firmware.  Buffalotech.com suppport and downloads is where you can find it.

kieronquin

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »

Cheers fella...

I don't think it was "doing anything" at the time as nothing was connected (i was around when the power tripped) but it would be good to know if I'm safe to proceed ;)

Kieron 

kieronquin

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »

Did it!

Flashed the software and it all came back to life! Data in tact..