Author Topic: Can't connect to LS-GL1000 that reset itself to 192.168.11.150  (Read 538 times)

Imperial Zeppeliin

• Calf
Can't connect to LS-GL1000 that reset itself to 192.168.11.150
« on: February 25, 2022, 02:50:07 PM »
Learned Colleagues:

I'm probably doing something terribly stupid, but my trusty LS-1000GL with newest firmware had a major brainfart while doing a reformat.  I tried resetting multiple times using the "hold down the Init Button for 10-20 sec prior to powering up while continuing to hold it in.  Let it go and push it in again for 3 sec and release and wait for it to reboot.

When it comes online with newest NAS Navigator, it's set on 192.168.11.150 and I get an error message:

Connection error:
Drive information was not returned.
Password information was not returned.
Error information was not returned.

It doesn't show up as a connected device nor can it be pinged.  My home network range is 192.168.1.XXX

Needless to say I can't communicate with it to either change its IP address or get it to use DHCP.

I've tried it directly plugged into the router and into the Smart Switch with no joy.

Three questions:

1. Did I do a proper "Reset Button" reset?

2. Is there anything else I can do within my network configuration?

3. Or heaven forbid, so I either change the IP address of my router to connect and reset the NAS, or change my computer to a static IP address and plug the NAS directly into that? 

Any helpful hints and tips much appreciated, especially on question #3.  Desktop is running Windows 10 and would be the only wired computer in the house.