Author Topic: Disabling the Guest Account in the Next Firmware Release - PLEASE!!!  (Read 2025 times)

mountainhiker

• Calf

This is more of a comment than a question.  In the IT industry, the concept of a guest account is commonly a violation of any corporate security policy.  The ability to view main folder structure of any NAS system with a Guest account seems completely unacceptable to me.  

Please, please, please update the next version of firmware to disable this Guest feature.  It is not suited to a NAS product and any IT department that buys this product MUST have the option to disable the Guest account. I bought the Linkstation Pro Duo as an inexpensive reliable solution.  After realizing that the Guest account could not be disabled, I turned it off in my IT lab.  I plan on purchasing about 20 of these for my company and will not do so until that Guest feature is disabled.  Thanks very much.

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: Disabling the Guest Account in the Next Firmware Release - PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:56:18 PM »
I will forward your request up to our corporate office.

phillipd

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 03:22:48 PM »

I work for the U.S. government and our security folks shudder at the presence of a "Guest" account.  Please allow it to be either removed or disabled.  I have a TeraStation ProII (TS-RH4.0TGL/R5)

Regards

Douglas Phillipson

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »

the feature sounds like a feature to request in our Idea Exchange Lounge, where customers vote on feature suggestions by giving it a Kudo.

Only one feature request to a post in the Idea Exchange Lounge.