Author Topic: DD-wrt on whr-hp-gn question  (Read 1598 times)

Japhering

• Calf
DD-wrt on whr-hp-gn question
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:07:42 AM »

Running the Buffalo provided firmware  DD-WRT v24sp2-EN-US (08/19/10) std  (SVN revison 14998)..

Looking at  Status->Wireless

Under the Wireless Nodes --  Clients section

I noticed that the uptime is always less than 15 minutes  and seems to reset every time a client drops as if the whole wds setup is

rebooting the routers ..

Anyone know how the  uptime field is generated ?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: DD-wrt on whr-hp-gn question
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »

It shows how long a client is connected to the unit for. Does the master router have the same issue or just one of the slaves?

Japhering

• Calf
Re: DD-wrt on whr-hp-gn question
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:43:58 PM »

I had a couple of things going on.

1)   all three of my routers had a bad flash of DD-wrt

-- reflashing got me to a appoint where the routers would not reboot every 15 minutes, but simple drop all the wireless

connections (both WDS and computers connecting wirelessly)

2)  missed the note that WDS  requires encryption to be  WPA2 with only AES

-- originally I configured with WPA as I have a couple  of computers that are so old they only

support  WPA ...

After these two changes,  all three of the routers are now showing 21 hours of uptime, but the WDS wireless connections are all showing around 16 hours of connectivity.

Last night after all the changes,  we managed to stream 3 hours of video with only 1 drop  that  could not be attributed to me working on the routes.   Will be trying to make it through the weekend streaming shows and talking to grandkids .. the true test of the stability of

the routers and configuration