Author Topic: LS441D in EMERGENCY mode - Will not update  (Read 3500 times)

jimlew01

• Calf
LS441D in EMERGENCY mode - Will not update
« on: November 21, 2018, 12:19:19 PM »
Hey Guys,
     I have a LS 441D that I have been using for a couple of years. I ended up changing the IP on my internal network to a different subnet range. It appeared I was able to change the IP on the LinkStation and update the firmware. Currently I am not able to access the NAS, it is stuck in Emergency mode and it takes a good 20 minutes to start up after restarting. If I try running the updater now is shows a partition not found.
     I was able to access the media server a couple of weeks ago so I know the data is in tact. I cannot mount a share due to the older version of SMB. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jimmy

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS441D in EMERGENCY mode - Will not update
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 04:03:48 PM »
Do you need the data on the Linkstation or do you have a backup? You could rebuild the partition table but it will erase the data.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jimlew01

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 02:25:00 PM »
Davo,
    Sent you a PM to see about getting the recovery software for this NAS. Currently it is a brick.

Thanks,

Jimmy

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 02:33:34 PM »
The LS441DE doesn't require any files to install the firmware, just follow the "quick start guide" and it will install it automatically from it's internal flash memory. That procedure can be found here:

http://d.buffalo.jp/LS441DE/?dst=AP

Alternatively, You can get the stock firmware installed using the process mentioned in this post:

https://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=25358.msg90493#msg90493

If you prefer to use TFTP you can use the files extracted in Step 1 with the TFTP process instead.

jimlew01

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 09:32:37 PM »
Thank you for the post, None of that had worked.

That said, I was able to get everything working again by shutting down, reseating the drives and powering it back up. This NAS had been working for a couple of years.

Thanks,

Jimmy

jimlew01

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 12:03:24 PM »
It looks like this enclosure has hardware issues. The support site says this should be out of warranty but, my receipt says it still has a month of warranty left. How do I contact support of the warranty department to get this resolved?

Jimmy