Author Topic: My card won't unlock (open) Mini Station Extreme  (Read 1611 times)

HappyME

• Calf
My card won't unlock (open) Mini Station Extreme
« on: June 11, 2020, 12:33:11 PM »
This card worked yesterday although it took quite a bit of wiggling. Today I can't get it to work period. Part of the problem is I'm not sure how to actually do that.

I'm trying to remove the encryption completely. This is a backup drive that's going to be put in a safety deposit box and if an emergency requires that I access it, it might well be the same emergency destroyed the card. And the bank's boxes are secure so..

I think removing the encryption is going to require that I populate the drive anew. That's okay.

Thanks so much for any help.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: My card won't unlock (open) Mini Station Extreme
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 01:13:43 PM »
Removing the encryption requires removing any existing data on the drive, so unlocking it prior to decryption isn't really necessary. To remove the encryption you'll need to use the mode changer software that was included with the drive from the factory. If you don't have a copy available you can download it here: https://www.buffalotech.com/products/ministation-extreme-nfc

HappyME

• Calf
Re: My card won't unlock (open) Mini Station Extreme
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 02:36:32 PM »
Right. I did use Mode Changer and am now re-populating the drive. That part's all set and thank you muchly.

There's another part of the question but I'll post it separately.

Thanks and be safe.

PS Can we mark this solved? I don't see an option to do that.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 02:38:51 PM by HappyME »