Author Topic: Linkstation Live v1 (LS-CH1.0TL) keeps going to EM mode without doing anything  (Read 2033 times)

alejjk

• Calf

Dear everybody,

I have a Linkstation Live v1 (LS-CH1.0TL) connected on my SFR Neufbox router.

It has worked for nearly two years by now, but I'm encountering some issues for 2 weeks now.

My problem is the following : 

When i just plug the Linkstation, everything is alright and i can access all data stored in the device, and the status is alright within NasNavigator.

After working with files on the device for something like 10 minutes, the Linkstation Live becomes inaccessible, either from HTTP, nor admin console, nor SMB, but i can still ping the device.

In this case, when i go to NasNavigator i get an error and the name of the device is changed to an empty name or non valid characters, and I get a message which tells me that the device is in emergency mode

And it keeps doing that on and on, with at each time the same behaviour, which is quite annoying.

I have been consulting the FAQ and forums this weekend and tried to restore the firmware 1.07 with the debug mode, but it has not changed anything … i also tried changing dhcp parameter and ip configuration, but it seems that it is no use.

I think the problem might not come from the HDD, because when I restart the device, all files are accessible for a moment, but more from a firmware point of view. Has anyone ever encountered such problems ? Should I precise that I just switched to Mac and the behaviour was exactly the same under Windows XP. 

I would gladly appreciate if anyone could help me find a solution to this problem.

Regards,

Alejjk

-----------------------------------

Linkstation Live v1 1.0To (LS-CH1.0TL) 

MacBookPro 2011 - 13" - Core i5 2.3GHz - 4 Go DDR3 - HDD 320 Go - Mac OS X Snow Leopard

DELL Latitude D420 - 11" -  Core Solo 1.2 GHz - 1 Go DDR2 - HDD 100 Go - Windows XP Pro

Jotin

• Big Bull

It sounds like it could be a problem with the ROM chip. If the unit keeps going to EM mode and the firmware flash does not change it then it is either the ROM chip or the internal hard drive. You could try replacing the internal HDD and see if that fixes the issue. But before doing that if you are still within warranty then you need to get it replaced.

alejjk

• Calf

Thanks Jotln for your quick answer about my problem. 

You have just confirmed what I was thinking, there is no "software" solution that could solve my issue, and it comes from the hardware !

As the drive works after forcing a hard restart, I think the problem might come from the ROM as you said rather than from the HDD. 

I have contacted yesterday Buffalo by using the "contact" from the website so as to describe the best my problem with screenshots,  I hope this will be sufficient for them to declare the incident, and have it replaced within the warranty. Do you know if a simple mail like that is sufficient, or should I call by phone Buffalo ?

Anyway, I'll be waiting for an answer from the support in the following days before doing anything (HDD replacement and so on), and try to backup my files before on an other HDD... Every 10 minutes that will do  :smileysad:, 500 Gb will be quite long but possible !!

Thanks

alejjk

• Calf

Some new update about my problem.

I have updated the configuration of my Linkstation, in order to have mails when disk errors. 

As soon as the device faulted, i received the following mail :

DISK Error NotificationHDD error occurredDisk(s) the error occurred:UnknownDisk()(sda) READ sector:216017799 count:1Disk writing errorRAID drive error will be repaired automatically.Continuous Back-up is recommended.[LinkStationInformation] LinkStationName: LINKSTATION (LS-CHL)

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Jotin

• Big Bull

Your unit is not even a RAID device. It showing a problem with the drive so it will have to be replaced. PM me your information (contact info including shipping address, phone nymber, serial number and proof of purchase) and I will set you up with an RMA.