Author Topic: LS220D502 - Folders Disappearing  (Read 130 times)

tekkie27

• Calf
LS220D502 - Folders Disappearing
« on: April 10, 2024, 10:41:55 AM »
Hello. I recently started having trouble with my LS220D502. It is set up as an SMB file share for less than ten users in an office. All of whom are using Windows 10 or 11, and Office 365. They connect to the share as a lettered drive. All computers are workgroup, no local domain, and not connected to Azure AD. We access simple Office documents.

Yesterday a folder disappeared. When I try to create a folder with the same name Windows gives me the error "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program."

If I try to create a folder with the same name in the web interface, I get the error "Unknown error has occurred.internal server error"

I created the folder with a slightly different name and copied the files over from a backup.

That's when I realized the backup recently started failing on 4/5/2024 with various assertions of "Structure needs cleaning (117)"

Today a second folder has gone missing with the same symptoms.

What should I do?

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, after hours yesterday I ran a RAID scan on the RAID array. It is a RAID1 Array with two 2TB drives, with a capacity of 2TB. We are only using 64GB, 3.46%.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 10:45:52 AM by tekkie27 »