Author Topic: Ministationlite not detected  (Read 1762 times)

goldlion

• Calf
Ministationlite not detected
« on: June 07, 2009, 11:48:33 AM »

I bought a new Buffalo ministationlite today model HD-PE320U2 (320GB), and the new packaging comes only with a USB cable without any software. When I connect it to my laptop, it shows the new hardware was detected. The 'Buffalo' logo on the portable HDD does get lighted up but the blue light blinked for a while and stopped. I cannot find the new drive in my laptop. Is there any software needed to be installed ? I visited the buffalo website but there is no link to show any software download.

I also tried connected this new Buffalo ministationlite to my desktop with the same results.

I'm using Win/XP .

Why is this new HDD not detected in both my PCs ?

Thanks.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Ministationlite not detected
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:14:07 PM »
You shouldn't need any software, however it is weird that you only received one usb cable.  You should have a usb cable and then an external power usb cable.  This is likely the problem.  I would call support for an part order for the power usb cable.

goldlion

• Calf
Re: Ministationlite not detected
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:58:01 AM »
   The service centre found that the board in the drive was defective and exchange another brand new drive for me. It is working now. Rather disappointed that a new drive (made in japan) has a defective board. Where's the Quality Control ?