Author Topic: Unable to boot Linkstation Quad LS-QL  (Read 1629 times)

mtravbus

• Calf
Unable to boot Linkstation Quad LS-QL
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:07:41 PM »

My linkstation seems unable to boot, currently with the amber light flashing two long and three short.  Here's roughly what happened:

The other day I was unable to mount my linkstation.  I tried shutting it down by holding the power button, but the blue light just started flashing and I was unable to connect to the admin settings via the web.  After letting it sit over night, the light was still flashing and I was forced to shut it down by pulling the power cord.  When booting, it then sent a message saying that a rebuild of the RAID array had started and a bunch of error messages stating

(sdb) WRITE sector:15423 count:14
Disk writing error
Some data may not be recoverable.
Immediate change of disk is recommended.

so I'm guessing one of the drives went bad.  During this time the status light was flashing two long and three short amber lights.  If I connected to the admin web site it said that the device had errors and was undergoing maintenance.  Letting the system sit for a few hours, I got another notification stating that the raid rebuild was complete.  However, the amber light continued to flash, but in a new pattern: one long and two short.  I was also no longer able to connect to the admin website.  I again let the device sit for ~20 hours to no change (same flashing pattern).   I downloaded the software to upgrade the firmware, but when I opened the NASNavigator2 (mac OS X) the program was unable to identify any linkstations on the local network. Wanting to try to update the firmware, I once more did a hard restart on the device.  When it came back on, it has been sitting with two long and three short amber flashes for several hours (with no e-mail notifications about rebuilding the array like last time), and I'm unable to connect to either the admin page or locate the device using the NASNavigator2. 

Any thoughts what could be going on here?