Author Topic: Unable to share data through DLNA  (Read 1705 times)

MURTAZAMM

• Calf
Unable to share data through DLNA
« on: December 11, 2011, 08:54:25 PM »

I have the following configuration:

LS-WVL8AF

Firmware version:1.54

Sharp LED - LC60LE832U with DLNA support

I have created videos folder but whenever I try to access the folder I do not see any of my videos, same is the case with my PS3.

In my Extension settings:

DLNA Server : Enabled

Public Folder : Share (which is my root folder)

Show Folders on USB drives : Enabled

Automatic Update : Enabled

Refresh Interval (Minute) : 60

DT-CP-IP : Disabled

I have already tried restarting DLNA + checking the Refresh now and Initialize database before refresh checkbox as well to no use.

Please help !!!

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Unable to share data through DLNA
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 08:51:53 AM »

For the LED TV make sure that your video files are supported by the TV. For the PS3, make sure that you are choosing the correct menu option. If you access the Linkstation via the photos menu then you will not see any vidoes. If the issue is actually with the Linkstation then the easiest thing to do would be to restore the Linkstations settings via the web interface. You can do this by giong to system, restore/erase and choosing the option for restore.

I own this unit and a PS3 and it works very well with this firmware. I also own a blu ray player from sony. Odd as it may seem but the blu ray player only supports MPEG 2 while the PS3 supports almost all the formats I have on my Linkstation. This is why I had mentioned to make sure that you check what formats the TV supports.  

MURTAZAMM

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 03:41:26 PM »

But that would mean I would lose all my data if I do "restore/erase" ?

Also just a basic question, do I absolutely have to HAVE a certain fodler structure to view the files?

FYI : I have tried all the correct menu options in PS3 , I have photos, videos and MP3 music but none shows up in any of the menu items even on PS3.

Please let me know how to reset WITHOUT losing all data ?

Thanks !

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 08:05:01 AM »

If you look at the menu option I told you about it tells you what it does. No, it does not delete the data. It just restores the settings. The erase button erases the data.