Author Topic: buffalo linkstaion Duo drive mapping problem on Win 7 ultimate PC  (Read 6265 times)

amoyfu

• Calf

My buffalo linkstation duo connected to 2 PCs thru buffalo wifi router,  the laptop run win 7 home system and everything work fine. However the desktop run win 7 ultimate found unable to map NAS drive with the fault msg:

"Failed mapping. Remote default share is missing"

NAS Navigator 2 software can detect the NAS  but just can not map the drive,  but FTP function was checked normal.

Have read many posts on Google, still can not fix the problem.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: buffalo linkstaion Duo drive mapping problem on Win 7 ultimate PC
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 09:26:59 AM »

I just modified the Storage FAQ: General Q&A to include this common issue. 

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Storage-FAQ-General-Q-amp-A/td-p/29174

jayde

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 04:14:12 AM »

I tried from FAQ.I have the same problem. I cannot map the drive. I have WIN 7 proffessional N. 

jamesnb

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 10:02:15 PM »

How do you map shared drive in Win7 Pro?, is it like followings:

1- right-click on "My Computer" > "Map network drive..."

2- \\yourNAS-IPaddress\yoursharedfolder

3- Enter your NAS username/password?

Step 3, you need to enter your NAS web-admin user name and password, not the one you set for your shared folder.

If you still cannot access, please try to disable any antivirus/antispyware that you may have running on your desktop, just to be sure that nothing obscures your connection. If you can access after disable these software, then these software is to blame.

anton

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 03:06:52 PM »

Hi, I have the same problem. I can not map shared folders from my Buffalo Linkstation Duo (Firmware 1.37) to my laptop - Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

I have tried through the NASNavigator2, i have tried map network drive in explorer with \\NAS-IP\Share without success...

I have disabled all firewalls, antivirus.

I have changed the value of LmCompatibilityLevel in windows regedit to the value of 1 and 3 without success..

It seems like a lot of people have the same problem but no one seems to have solved the problem. Is it so that Buffalo Linkstation Duo isnt supported on Windows 7 Home Premium x64?

I can access the NAS web admin and through ftp, but can not map the shared folder in explorer or in "run" mode.

Please help me...

/Anton

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 09:44:28 PM »

Can you access a public folder of another machine on the same network? If you cannot access the other pc's from you network on that pc then its an issue with that pc. And have you tried accessing the linkstation from a pc besides that W7 machine? And all current versions of windows that are supported by microsoft work with our NAS devices.

anton

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 01:09:14 PM »

Yes im pretty sure W7 is the problem. Dont have any other computer to try with. Do you have any tips for how to configure W7? I have tried changing the setting for LMCompatibiltylevel in regedit, but that didnt do it.

I read a post somewhere that said if i removed all the Linkstaions users i wouldnt have to get stuck when it asks for password when trying to map the share and then it will work. But it seem impossible (and stupid) removing the admin user at linkstation admin page.

I guess i have to install Windows XP on my new laptop... Or maybe its time for a mac..

anton

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 01:11:30 PM »

One more question, is the name of the workgroup important? the default is "d"..

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 02:34:21 PM »

Im running windows 7 and I can connect just fine.  And its never time for a Mac... unless you want a tricycle lol. What antivirus are you running? Instead of doing the regedit try going to control panel, admin tools, local security policies, then local policies then security policies and then try changing the Network Security LAN manager authentication level here. 

gauntletguy

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 02:23:31 PM »
This topic is a little old!! but I just had this problem.

What fixed it for me was as I had two link stations I noticed in the new one (the one I could map) didn't have a shared folder like the working old one. so loggin in to the web setting via NAS and I created a shared folder.

Details ~

Name: share
Description: LinkStation folder
Shared Folder Attributes:
:Read & Write

Recycle Bin:
:Enable

Shared Folder Support
Windows
:Apple

:Disk Backup

After making this folder I could map the drive!!!!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:28:25 PM by gauntletguy »