Author Topic: Buffalo HD-CXU2 drive in conflict with CDBurnerXP and DVD Fab - Why?  (Read 1479 times)

Sonofonan

• Calf

I recently bought a Buffalo HD-CXU2 usb-connected drive and all is well with it - except when I try to rip or burn DVDs. I use both CDBurnerxp and DVD Fab, but when start up either program it doesn't appear on screen - although it shows up as an active service within Task Manager. By a process of elimination I discovered that if I unplug the Buffalo drive's USB cable (on the drive's side) then either program will immediately appear on screen. I can then reconnect the Buffalo drive and continue as if nothing happened. But having to unplug the external drive every time I want to use these programs is tedious to say the least!

I would be grateful if anyone can give me a way to fix this. I thought that perhaps my external drive and DVD drive could be conflicting in some way - although the issue arises whether or not a disc is in my DVD drive. The reason I mention this is that my Buffalo drive shows up in Device Manager in both the 'disk drives' and 'DVD/CD-rom drives' sections (in the latter as a 'Virtual Cdrom').

I've tried using another USB port but it made no difference ...

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Buffalo HD-CXU2 drive in conflict with CDBurnerXP and DVD Fab - Why?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 05:01:40 PM »

The CDFS partition mounts so that the Drive Navi program can run and you can either enter a password OR setup the drive to act as a normal USB, install TurboUSB, etc.  If the burning software that you're trying to run is having a problem because it cannot find the device this CDFS partition is associated with we don't have a fix for that.  CDBurnerXP is third party freeware we don't support and DVD Fab is pretty much the same.  Basically these are software side issues and if anything it's bugs that need to be worked out by those developers not us.