Author Topic: Buffalo HD-LBU2 Problem nothing in folders  (Read 2186 times)

redhawk911

• Calf
Buffalo HD-LBU2 Problem nothing in folders
« on: November 10, 2012, 04:52:11 AM »

hi ..... i have posted a new post regarding this issue as it has progressed a bit.

see my original post a few days ago - http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Buffalo-Drive-Station-Issue-lights-on-but-nobody-is-home/m-p/110078#M52346

I started off being unable to access the drive, which i believed was either the controller or the hdd drive itself .... i purchased a new external case and opened the case and connected the seagate barracuda which was inside the buffalo case to the sata connectors on the controller for this.

Now although it still remains sporadic I am able to access the drive, sometimes it locks up ... but i can currently access the drive and in my computer it shows the correct amount of space used in my computer, but the folders show as empty in properties and in the folders itself.

chkdsk wont work as it says the disk is RAW although in computer management it shows as healthy active primary partition, test disk keeps coming up with read error, whilst it is checking the disk

the only available option seems to be to format the drive, do you think if i did this, i would be able to recover the data afterwards????

if anyone has any suggestions  i would be very interested in hearing them 

thanks

realborat

• Buffalo
Re: Buffalo HD-LBU2 Problem nothing in folders
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:00:13 AM »

Download and use seagae tools to see exactlyy what is wrong with hdd. 

About recovering yyour data if the HDD is in working condiditon it is possible, diskdigger is one of the software available.

redhawk911

• Calf
thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 10:49:49 AM »

Thanks ive downloaded seagate tools ... will give it a go and report back ... thanks

redhawk911

• Calf
Re: thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 12:01:27 PM »

Seatools reported short test fail and long test fail ..disk digger did a scan and reported a blank list of files recovered i.e. nothing.. however the disk itself is reporting 50.6GB free of 931 in my computer and i can see the file names on the disk and access the folders so im convinced the files are there somewhere !!!!

anyone got any other ideas ??

thanks

according to my computer i still do have the option to format the drive although im not sure if that will throw up an error as i havent tried that yet

realborat

• Buffalo
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 01:14:09 PM »

Whatever you are going to do I do not know bbu, Formatting the that HDD will most definately not help the matters, that I kow.Only thing I can suggest is look for DData recovery forums They might have a better Idea. I hope you can recover your data.

redhawk911

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 01:39:42 PM »

Yeah i think thats my next step ..

thanks for your help and suggestions folks