Author Topic: Buffalo HD-CEU2 500GB Help  (Read 2474 times)

JoshRobMack

• Calf
Buffalo HD-CEU2 500GB Help
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:58:35 AM »

It was working fine the other day but all of a sudden it has stopped working. It turns on fine and everything, the green light turns on but it just doesn't work when I plug the USB into a computer. The status of the device is 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)' I've tried to update the drivers but it says they're already up to date. I've also tried using it on multiple devices. This has happened before and randomly started working when I plugged it into my old Windows XP computer. I tried doing that again but to no avail. I use Windows 7 for the most part and I also tried it on a Windows Vista but that didn't work either. I know changing the USB cable is a possibility but I have no idea where to get one as it's not a standard cable. I've also tried uninstalling the driver from Computer Management but that doesn't help either. Any help will be much appreciated! Many thanks - Josh.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Buffalo HD-CEU2 500GB Help
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
The USB-SATA controller has failed by the sounds of it.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

JoshRobMack

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 03:11:05 PM »

What is that and how does one go about fixing it?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 07:14:22 AM »

its the interface that connects the USB port/cable to the SATA connection on the internal HDD. It would not be worth fixing, you can try removing the internal HDD and connecting it to a different USB/SATA caddy (see link below) and see if it can then detect the HDD.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5-SATA-External-Enclosure-Caddy/dp/B000OOMY42

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

JoshRobMack

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:46:14 AM »

Ah I see! Only problem is, I have no clue how to open up the case! There's no screws on it so I can't work out how it opens.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 08:07:50 AM »

This guide is for a different model than your but the casing is the same.

http://irgadgetlab.blogspot.ie/2012/07/how-to-open-casing-of-buffalo.html

To be honest, if you dont have a clue on how to do this then get someone else to do it for you.