Author Topic: Linkstation Pro Duo LS-WTGL shows 7 red ! error  (Read 2193 times)

AMO

• Calf
Linkstation Pro Duo LS-WTGL shows 7 red ! error
« on: August 27, 2011, 05:02:35 AM »

Hi, my linkstation got error in connecting and i switch it off. When i switch on back, it shows 7 flash ! indicator and no more power icon light. LAN indicator light is bright though. And i can't totally find my linkstation anymore. I set up RAID 1. Of cos, my important data is inside and must recover the data. Warranty is expired. Can somebody help me how to recover? Should I bring to service centre in Singapore? I can afford for the service charges but the company info  are inside it. Please advise.

ESCHER

• El Toro
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo LS-WTGL shows 7 red ! Error
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:06:48 AM »

I am not familiar with this model, but I think 7 red lights (check the manual) means disk not found.

Maybe one disk has died, but if you have RAID1, then data should intact.

Try to remove one disk at a time and boot.  Maybe it will boot and you can recover the data.

If not successful, it is relatively easy to mount one disk in a PC running Linux or you can use a special Windows software.

AMO

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 03:29:06 AM »

Hi Escher, thanks indeed for ur kind advice. I tired to pull out 1 HDD and test with 1 HDD alone for both HDDs. But not successful. Thus, checked manual n found 7 flashes is "Problem with motherboard (RAM, LAN, or Hard Drive controller).  If it is the Motherboard failure, can i purchase a new enclousure (model won't be the same for this series) and add the current HDDs? Will the data be formatted or erased if i placed in the new enclousure? Thanks in advance for ur kind help.

AMO

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 03:30:42 AM »

Hi Escher, if the disks are not failed, may i know any "speical window software" to recover the data? Thanks.

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »

Attaching the disks to another NAS model will not work.

It could work in an identical NAS.

The problem is that the firmware is in the disks and must match with the LS.

So bad you are not a Linux fan.

Linux is free.

Anyway, Windows alternative is UFS explorer?.

Just Google it.