Author Topic: Transfer rate on LS-X2.0TL is crazy slow  (Read 1776 times)

mshultz

• Calf
Transfer rate on LS-X2.0TL is crazy slow
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:15:37 PM »

I just got my LS-X2.0TL and the transfer rate between my computer and the external is incredibly slow (90 kb/s max), and it occasionally cuts out mid transfer meaning I have to start all over. I know that my wireless network is much faster than that. Is there a way to hook it up directly using the ethernet cable? If so, how? I would love any help you all can give me.

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Transfer rate on LS-X2.0TL is crazy slow
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:41:12 AM »

You can directly connect your LS-X to a computer via ethernet cable.to check out the transfer speed. If the transfer speed improves greatly, then you are experiencing a network or cable issue. If it doesn't improve, try a different ethernet cable.

mshultz

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:51:42 AM »
How do I connect it directly with the Ethernet cable? I tried it last night but after I plugged it in it said it could not find the LX. Are there extra steps I need to take? Btw I am running windows 7. Thanks for your help.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:04:54 AM »

What is it that can't find the LS-X, NasNavi?  Before disconnecting the NAS from your network, give it a Static IP and subnet, if it set to DHCP (if it isn't pulling an IP and subnet address, it will default to a different IP and Subnet. Set it to an IP and Subnet in the same range as the computer you will use to test the LS-X.  To test, connect an ethernet cable from your computer ethernet port directly to the LS-X ethernet port. You don't need an ethernet crossover cable for this.

mshultz

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 09:35:30 AM »
Yes, nasnavi can't find it. How do I set a staid ip? Also, once I do that will I be able to access it through the nasnavi?