Author Topic: Mapped Drive Letter captured by USB Removable Device  (Read 1817 times)

The_Hat

• Calf
Mapped Drive Letter captured by USB Removable Device
« on: March 20, 2013, 11:02:37 AM »

I have a Linkstation Pro Duo LS-WVL/E with 2-2TB drives mapped as a Share drive on my Windows 7 Professional system. When I go into Windows Explorer it shows the NAS as Share (\\LS-WVLB9C) (P:) which indicates the drive is using the drive letter P.

The problem I'm having is when I connect let's say my smartphone using a USB cable to the computer, the Smartphone shows as a Removable Drive and takes over the drive letter P, therefore I can no longer access the files on the share until I disconnect the Smartphone.

Is there a way to resolve this issue so that both drives are accessible when a USB device is plugged in?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Mapped Drive Letter captured by USB Removable Device
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »

Change the drive letter of the NAS?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

The_Hat

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »

How? The mapped drive doesn't show up in Disk Management where you would be able to change the drive letter.  This is my first time working with mapped drives and I have no knowledge of the procedure to accomplish the task.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:49:29 AM »

disconnect the drive in my computer (right click on it -> disconnect). once done Tools -> map network drive -> Assign a new drive letter and map the share using \\IP-Of-NAS\share-name

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

The_Hat

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:57:06 AM »

Thanks for the procedure. I will try it later today when I'm at home on the machine.

Thanks agin for your reply.