Author Topic: Normal? Disk Check action showing disk status as "Unformatted" in NAS Navigator on LS-Q2.0TL/R5  (Read 3908 times)

Kenny

• Calf

I have a LS-Q2.0TL/R5 that is now showing a status of "Unformatted" in the NAS Navigator2.  I selected "disk check" about 24 hours ago and the web status is still saying "Currently a Format or Disk Check is being carried out. During this time the LinkStation settings can not be changed.  Also the file share service will not be available".  

I want to confirm that there is nothing inherantly wrong at this point and that the "disk check" should not be interrupted or assumed to have resulted in nearly 1TB of data loss.

There were no errors or reasons for the disk check aside from what I assumed would be a healthy step to take for the system.

System was 95% full at the time I executed the disk check request.

Thank you.

Kenny

• Calf

hm, not sure how soon to expect a reply of some kind.  fwiw, the drive appears on the network again now.  HOpefully that's a good sign.  The Info folder is accessible but none of the other shares are.  The shares ARE still visible as the same names...also VERY GOOD signs.  This whole "unformatted" indicator with Navigator2 is horrific if, in fact, it's not unformatted!  People might assume so and kill all their data (if mine's not already gone that is!

Jotin

• Big Bull

The disk check is not faulty but it sounds like your box might be. At this point you if you wish to recover you data I would suggest either purchasing another LS-QL (or if you are within warranty get an advanced replacement) and swap the hard drives. You could also use a data recovery service called http://www.drivesavers.com.