Author Topic: Recovering Linkstation LS-CHL 1TB after firmware corruption following power cut  (Read 1116 times)

trubridge68

• Calf

Following a powercut, my linkstation powered back up with the top led flashing red (1 second gap followed by 6 flashes). I understand this error code to mean that the firmware is corrupted. After trawling the forum, I tried the following:

TFTP Reboot: This appeared to work with the TFTP application showing two lines of "blocks served" to 192.168.11.150.

Following the rebot, the top led continuously flashed blue very rapidly. (interestingly, this state can also be achieved by pressing the function button without a TFTP reboot - I'm not sure if this is relevant).

I then went on to attempt to install the firmware by launching the LSUpdater, it it could not detect a linkstation. NASNavigator could also not detect the linkstation. I tried plugging the PC & link station back into the LAN (reverting back to DHCP), but still could not detect the linkstation.

So, I'm rather stuck now. I'm quite pleased that I've managed a TFTP rebott (or so it appears), but need help from you experts out there on how I may be able to go on and load the firmware into the unit........