Author Topic: Domain group and user list issues with the LinkStation Pro Duo  (Read 1515 times)

msoultan

• Calf
Domain group and user list issues with the LinkStation Pro Duo
« on: October 20, 2010, 01:37:21 PM »

Our Buffalo NAS (LinkStation Pro Duo) is a member of a large domain - large enough that the domain group and user lists do not contain all of the groups and users within the domain.  This is problematic as I am unable to assign the groups and users that I would like to assign because they're not on the list.  It seems like the users and groups that do appear seem to be the latest created in the domain, so if I create a new group or user, it is available on the list.  This somewhat helps things out, but it's still particuarly unacceptable.

The other thing that is really annoying is that the list is not alphebetized.  Could you please sort both lists so that it's easier to find a particular user or group.

Thanks,

Mike

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Domain group and user list issues with the LinkStation Pro Duo
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 09:41:02 AM »

How many groups and users are you trying to import to the linkstation? 

msoultan

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »

I really just want to see my groups that are in my OU.  Unfortunately, I don't see any of them because they're not part of the list (except a couple that I just created recently).  The domain is for California State University, Long Beach, and we have about 8 different colleges, each with a bunch of departments in them.  There are lots of users and logs of groups...

Mike

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 02:14:11 PM »

do you think you may have over 1 thousands users trying to be imported into the linkstation? 

msoultan

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »

Well, I just did some investigative research and it looks like the LS is limiting the user list to exactly 1000 users, so I think it would be a safe bet that we have over 1000 users.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 02:40:34 PM »

Yeah I was pretty sure that that was the issue. With that many users your band to run into strange errors because of the limitation. 

msoultan

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 02:44:31 PM »

is this a documented limitation?  What kinda strange errors am I going to see?  As mentioned in my other thread ( http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Linkstation-Pro-Duo-Windows-2008-R2-AD-quot-access-denied-quot/td-p/43102 ), I can't even use domain users or groups anymore. I figured it had to do with 2008 R2 as things worked before, but could these two issues be related?

Thanks,

Mike