Author Topic: WBMR-HP-GN Connectivity problems  (Read 1863 times)

ajn360

• Calf
WBMR-HP-GN Connectivity problems
« on: October 04, 2010, 06:08:43 AM »

I bought the WBMR-HP-GN about 3 weeks back. Apparently, I have connection problems to the wireless network. Its either I have drops in connection or I can detect the network  but can't connect. All my stations (1 acer desktop, 1 acer notebook, 2 macbooks) are in the same room if not less than 5 metres away.

Tried contacting the technical support here in Singapore but till date I have no replies on email or calls about how to go about this issue.

Got my set replaced with the 1 to 1 exchange policy within 7 days of purchase. However, it seems like same problem with my 2nd set. It was only good for the first few days. I tried using my friend's Modem/router of another brand, I have no issues. So its definitely not my workstations.

Hopefully, somebody from Buffalo or anyone with similar experience could give me some sort of advice on this.

Thanks for reading.

mookie

• Calf
Re: WBMR-HP-GN Connectivity problems
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:34:51 PM »

I experience the same/similar symptoms with my WZR-HP-G300NH.  For a few days, everything works like a charm, then all of a sudden a few of the clients will see the router but cannot connect.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 05:04:12 PM »

bump (and mookie - no hijacking, start your own product thread, the WBMR is different from the WZR)

ajn360

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:11:39 PM »

Bump!

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 09:00:51 AM »

First I would change the name of the SSID, this will force all of your computers to rebuild the profile.  Then set up the encryption with aes, and run tests on channel 1 6 and 11 (3 non overlapping channels).  If you are that close to the AP you may want to lower the output power of the AP as well.

Also make sure you are running a mixed network (b/g/n)