Author Topic: TeraStation Pro Doesn't Pass Password Correctly  (Read 1432 times)

BRobins

• Calf
TeraStation Pro Doesn't Pass Password Correctly
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:18:46 PM »

I've got a TS-HTGL/R5 unit running 1.33 firmware.  After a change to the Administrator password in an Active Directory network, it refuses to join the domain.  The error message at the server is that either the user name or password is incorrect.  I've tried mutliple admin profiles each with differing passwords and they all fail.

There are no special characters in the passwords, just mixed case alpha and numerics.  I've tried setting the Computer account to have delegation and removed the delegation designation.  Still the same result.  The time is synched between the two units at -8 offset.  The time displayed by the unit is the correct time as well.  Language on the unit is set to English and the windows client language setting is set to 437.

Firmware update to 1.35-1.39 fails due to the updater not finding a valid machine to update. 

If I were to guess, the unit is not send the password that I am typing.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: TeraStation Pro Doesn't Pass Password Correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 11:17:40 AM »

So you change the password for the admin on your domain, you log into the interface of the tersastation and change the password in the AD settings and it fails to join? Really the only way to fix this would be to update the firmware and restore the interface. You will need to find a pc that can transfer the firmware. If you're haveing issues you could try FAQ 2 of 5. 

BRobins

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »

Tried the force firmware update FAQ, still didn't find an upgradeable unit.

I've found that downgrading the connectivity to NT Domain seems to be working, so unless Firmware 1.35-1.39 definitely fixes/enhances the password send process, I'm not going to mess with it any more.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 04:25:02 PM »

It did not have any direct change in the change log.