Author Topic: Cannot map drive to LinkStation when main PC is offline  (Read 1377 times)

tkainz

• Calf
« on: July 01, 2014, 09:46:22 AM »
I have a LinkStation LS-WVL/E, firmware ver. 1.68.  Attached directly to the network switch, I can access and map drives from any other PC on the network as long as the main office PC is on.  I have the LinkStation on a fixed IP address of 10.0.0.50. The main PC - which is the one I used to initially set up the LinkStation - is also on a fixed IP address.  All other PC's on the network are dynamically allocated as needed.  What am I needing to do in order to be able to access the LinkStation from the other PC's without having to have the main PC on 7/24?  Thank You

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 01:34:47 PM »
Is the switch on the LS set to auto or manual? The main PC might be controlling the power via the NAS navigator?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

tkainz

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 11:51:20 AM »
See... I had to believe that it was something simple that I overlooked.  It seems to have solved the issue - I was able to access the mapped drive with the main PC (the one with NasNavigator2 installed)  completely shut down.  Perfect.. Thanks so much!

I'll note this in the other forum post I found with the same issue but no response. (appropriately attributing the solution to you of course.

Thanks Again

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 04:48:55 AM »
You're welcome :-)
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!