Author Topic: LinkStation LS-CH1.0TL not found on network anymore-how can I update firmware?  (Read 3256 times)

tlenne

• Calf

My LS-CH1.0TL worked fine for 2 days, although I had to reboot it manually every morning. The firmware is 1.02 so I wanted to update it to 1.07. Unfortunately the drive doesnīt appear in the network at all  by now, the blue LED on top is flickering for hours now. Disabling the firewall doesnīt help either. Is there a way to update the firmware if the drive is not connected via a router? It is not recognized as an USB device, I tried that already. (Using Vista Home Premium).

Thomas

Nox

• Calf

Is this a network device or is it connected to a USB or serial port on a PC and using the PC to share it out?

tlenne

• Calf
   It is a NAS, Network attached Storage, so it is a harddrive which is connected to a router by a network cable.Thomas

Nox

• Calf
   Does the network port have link lights on both the NAS and the Router?  Is it on the same subnet as the PC you are using to update the firmware?  Can you ping it?

tlenne

• Calf

>>Does the network port have link lights on both the NAS and the Router?<<  Yes

>>Is it on the same subnet as the PC you are using to update the firmware?  Can you ping it?<< How could I find out?

Nox

• Calf

You can use the updater tool from Buffalo.  If that does not find the machine, either it doesn't have an IP address or it is on another subnet.

Is this NAS at home or at work?

Message Edited by Nox on 03-12-2009 08:53 AM

tlenne

• Calf
   At home. I think the machine is faulty as it doesnīt shut down , no reaction , keeps on flickering all the time and I have to pull the powercable to shut it down. Letīs see if an exchange will help. Thx anyways.