Author Topic: Re-installing Linkstation Live (LS-CHL)?  (Read 3632 times)

monza

• Calf
Re-installing Linkstation Live (LS-CHL)?
« on: August 30, 2009, 04:17:50 PM »

Hi,

I accidentally erased default "share" and all it's sub folders. Now I'd like to start all over and install my Linkstation like I did when I brought it from the store.

I have tried resetting and initializing, but there are still the same settings than before.

So what I have to do to completely reset the device back to factory defaults, so I can set it up from the fresh start?

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Re-installing Linkstation Live (LS-CHL)?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:48:46 PM »
If your not concered about any data then just go ahead and Delete the Raid and then reinitilize the unit.  You have delete the "share" folder if you just want to create new folders just log into the device and create new ones.

monza

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 01:25:27 PM »

I am not concerned about the data because it's all gone now... Of course I had all the data backed up to another 1 TB USB drive.

Yesterday I tried re-creating "share" folder, but some reason I couldn't connect to it. Now I tried again with success. Still I'm wondering, isn't there any possibility to make a fresh start. I mean the same situation, when I opened the box and started installing Linkstation for the first time?

/Monza

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 05:37:54 PM »
Delete the Raid and then Reinit the unit.  Thats about as close to factory as your gonna get.

monza

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 10:09:06 AM »
   OK. Thanks.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 10:11:11 AM »

JoshC wrote:
Delete the Raid and then Reinit the unit.  Thats about as close to factory as your gonna get.

Strange suggestion as there is no raid on this unit :P
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 11:20:27 AM »

Good Catch!:smileywink:

Thanks!