Author Topic: Slow drivestation slow to start slow to copy  (Read 2529 times)

assassin451

• Calf
Slow drivestation slow to start slow to copy
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:38:40 PM »

I have a HD-LB2.0TU3 i am running windows 8 on a laptop.  I have recently been having problems with it.  For some reason the drive stopped being recognized by the computer.  I switched usb cables and it then it worked fine.  Then recently it did the same thing so I did the same thing and switched usb cables again.  Now it is taking a really long time just for the computer to recognuze it.  LArge movie files are freezing when im watching them off the drive.  the transfer rate changes radically from 8 mb/s to 0 and it takes forever to copy anything from the drive to my comp.  I really dont know whats going on.  Ive checked the drive for errors and its not fragmented.  Anybody have any ideas?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Slow drivestation slow to start slow to copy
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 03:22:03 AM »

do a disk check and see if it reports any bad sectors.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

assassin451

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:12:35 PM »

unfortunately now it does not show up in my computer.  It shows up under devices and printers in the control panel but the windows freezes and stop responding whenever I click on it

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:56:40 AM »

Same on a second PC?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

assassin451

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »

Correct. it happens both on my laptop.  and also on a desktop I have

assassin451

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 07:34:50 PM »

This time when I connected it shows up in my computer, but instead of being labled as HD... it is called drive e.  also I was able to run a diskcheck on it and it found no errors.  It just runs redicuolously slow and I often have to disconnect it from my computer because it causes it to freeze.  I really have no idea why its having so many problems

assassin451

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 04:56:32 PM »

Now It my drive shows up as HD LBU3 (E:)  like it usually does.  All the folders are there.  I have run a disk check and no errors are reported.   There is no fragmentation.   It is just unbelievably slow.  When I try to copy things from it to my computer the transfer rate goes from about 300kb/ to O kb/s and does this over and over and almost no progress is made.  While it i connected to my computer the EXternal drive is almost constantly making noises like its reading something or copying something but I am doing nothing.  I am really not sure what is going on.