Author Topic: LS-CHL-V2 and Lion  (Read 1610 times)

vix2000

• Calf
LS-CHL-V2 and Lion
« on: August 29, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »

I have upgraded to fw 1.54 as directed but still cannot see my contents in finder. NASnavigator detects the linkstation but I cannot get any further. Anyone else got this problem or a solution please? Thanks.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-CHL-V2 and Lion
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 03:43:01 AM »
If you double click on the picture of the Linkstation in the Nas Navigator are you presented with a username/password field and then a list of the shared folders? Dont forget to reset the Linkstation via the admin page once the firmware has been updated.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

vix2000

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 06:53:18 PM »

Hi, if I double click the LS icon the box just disappears. How do I reset it from the admin page please?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 03:34:15 AM »
System -> Restore/Erase -> Restore Linkstation to Factory Defaults. But to be honest, this sound like more of an issue with the MAC itself. Try opening a connect to server Window (Go -> Connect to Server) Server IP: smb://IPOfLinkstation Press Connect and see if you get a list of the Shared Folders.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

vix2000

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 01:48:57 PM »

Yes, that worked. I will now try to transfer some files, thank you very much for your help. I had tried this before but used afp instead of smb, so it didn't work.

So will I have to do this each time I need to access the linkstation?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:39:36 PM »

It should now be permanently available in Finder :-)

vix2000

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »

Thanks very much for the solution. It always showed as "linkstation" in snowleopard. Only had a problem since I installed Lion.