Author Topic: WHR-G300N firmware  (Read 43767 times)

ciao2tokyo

• Calf
Re: WHR-G300N firmware
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 01:53:29 AM »

Dear Colin37

- You published a firmware with wrong version (1,06) number several month ago and this is not fixed yet

- The firmware itself doesn't work, and you were not even able to remove from the web site

- Some people are asking for the old firmware, that has been already tested, post-tested, etc. Nothing there yet.

- In Japan they released the new version of the firware 1.61 in February

- In June they released another version 1.63 with other couple of fixed

You are talking about time for "debug, patch, post test, and repackage the fix". I don't think this has nothing to do with the issue above, except the last one maybe.

I think there is something else here, something weird, don't you think so?

Regards

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 05:04:57 AM »
The FW is written in Japan so they will always be ahead of us in that sense by at least one or two versions. There are probably many reasons why these versions have not yet been  released here. For example, since it is made in Japan, they do all the beta testing and do not release it here until they feel it is stable enough based on responses from their customers (This is where Colin's comment on "debug, patch, post test, and repackage the fix" comes into play. Also, since it is written in Japan, It is written in Japanese and it can take long time for that to get converted not only into English langauge, but English code as well. Do to all this it, unforunately, can take a long time for FW updates to be released here.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 05:16:56 PM »

ciao2tokyo wrote:

Dear Colin37

- You published a firmware with wrong version (1,06) number several month ago and this is not fixed yet

- The firmware itself doesn't work, and you were not even able to remove from the web site

- Some people are asking for the old firmware, that has been already tested, post-tested, etc. Nothing there yet.

- In Japan they released the new version of the firware 1.61 in February

- In June they released another version 1.63 with other couple of fixed

You are talking about time for "debug, patch, post test, and repackage the fix". I don't think this has nothing to do with the issue above, except the last one maybe.

I think there is something else here, something weird, don't you think so?

Regards

- The version is correct on the firmware itself, just not on the website. I'll let the webmaster know to fix that.

- We published the US firmware for it, and it DOES work. The reason it didn't work for you is because you purchased your router in Japan... the Japanese firmware will not accept the US firmware update.

Message Edited by Colin137 on 07-09-2009 05:17 PM

jouni

• Calf
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2009, 12:33:21 AM »

I just bought WHR-G300N with firmware version 1.6.

All same problems as other writers are reporting.

It is extremely frustrating to see neigbor's D-Link giving steady and good signal, when my Buffalo is not able to keep steady signal from one room to other (I can seen the router from where I am sitting). Signal is strong for a while then it drops and finally no signal. I could do better using neighbor's D-Link for internet.

Now I am using  WHR-G300N just for handling PPPoE connection and Apple Airport Extreme for wireless. (ironically I planned to swap Apple with "more professional" network gear; haha). Well, still Internet connection goes down time to time, but better than with Apple but worse than my 5 years old D-Link.

But big thanks for giving English interface, even I bought the equipment from my local computer mall in China. That fact was one of the important selection criterias over D-link and TP-link. Please give me also channels 12 and 13...

When the firmware update is coming?????

shimsim

• Calf
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2009, 09:52:09 PM »
   Update please! really suffering out here with the current firmware release :smileysad:

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2009, 01:24:19 AM »
   @Shimshim, I assume you have V1.60 firmware and bought in the US?
Message Edited by Aveyer on 08-11-2009 07:24 AM

shimsim

• Calf
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2009, 01:55:40 AM »
   firmware v1.6, from hong kong

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2009, 02:13:36 AM »
   What wireless mode are you using, N? and what adapter?

shimsim

• Calf
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2009, 03:47:37 AM »
   using N, intel 5300, ive also tried with intel 5100 and 49x ... works fine until you try to transfer anything large, then the router locks up. i also have no trouble at my friends place on a cheap tplink n series, so its definitely the buffalo thats at fault.

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2009, 08:09:13 PM »

@ Mods/Admins, is there any difference between the firmware of EU/Japanese/Chinese and US models besides the language?

I've brutally tested my router (EU) with transfer rates as high as 11MB/s without problems.

shimsim

• Calf
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2009, 08:59:27 PM »

Just a small update on the issues I have been having when transferring large files or streaming media, fully disabling WMM has greatly reduced the frequency of lock-ups. I still get the occasional hang but compared to how bad it was before its a step in the right direction.

hope that helps anyone else with this problem.

ps any news on firmware???  :smileytongue:

shimsim

• Calf
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2009, 02:04:51 AM »
   any update on this ?

shimsim

• Calf
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2009, 03:49:49 AM »

another month another try .... update please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DumbTechDude

• Tatanka
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2009, 12:49:17 AM »

Guys,

Here's what I found.

When you actually pair up your WHR-G300N using WPS (that AOSS button is useful) with your client dongle or system that actually a client WPS button, the result is amazing.  Right now, it is working perfectly.  Transfers are fast and stable, doesn't lock up and I get 300mbps RX/150mbps TX with my Comstar N USB dongle using a Realtek chip.  And yes, I did a HD stream from my NAS and it works perfectly as well as a 5GB file transfer from my NAS as full speed -- very fast!

I did not need to disable WMM -- everything stock and working great.  The only downside is that, only 1 device can log on to the router, because if you set up a second SSID (SSID 2) with any security, it will lock up the router unless you set it to OPEN.  I haven't tried WEP yet, but because it has WEP key installed on my router, I'll will try that.

This is not something new.  Linksys did this to me with their WRT-54G versin 6.0 and it took about 1.2 years to get the wireless security thing working right.  2 years later, the unit is now working as it should be.  Hopefully, it won't take Buffalo that long to get this sorted out. 

Rick.

shimsim

• Calf
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2009, 12:54:09 AM »

Cheers for the info will give it a go but it wont really help as i have more than one device :(

Any update on the firmware buffalo ?