Author Topic: Flashing sequence on info light not listed on Knowledge Database  (Read 1985 times)

Doc

• Calf
Flashing sequence on info light not listed on Knowledge Database
« on: December 22, 2010, 04:13:42 PM »

I have a linkstation pro duo with one hd.  The orange light is flashing once long and once short.  It will also not turn off. 

I looked here:

http://www.buffalotech.com/knowledgebase/users/kb.php?id=10011&category_id=0&sid2=

I have a linkstation pro duo with one hd.  The orange light is flashing once long and once short.  It will also not turn off. 

I looked here:

http://www.buffalotech.com/knowledgebase/users/kb.php?id=10011&category_id=0&sid2=

the sequence was not listed.  I am sure it is a orange light and not a red light.

This unit has been nothing but problems since I got it a few days ago. 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Flashing sequence on info light not listed on Knowledge Database
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 05:39:15 PM »

You have bad sectors on the HDD. The HDD will need to be replaced.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Doc

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 03:26:43 AM »

I JUST bought it a couple of days ago.  Can a mod chime in to confirm this diagnosis?  Why is this error not listed on the knowledge database list of error codes? 

I JUST bought it a couple of days ago.  Can a mod chime in to confirm this diagnosis?  Why is this error not listed on the knowledge database list of error codes? 

UPDATE:  It's not giving me that code anymore, and everytime I run checkdisk nothing comes up.  It will probably run for another 12 hours and then fail randomly (again)(and again).

UPDATE:  It's not giving me that code anymore, and everytime I run checkdisk nothing comes up.  It will probably run for another 12 hours and then fail randomly (again)(and again).

All these firmware (and other)  problems with a platform thats been out for at least a few years?  What's that all about?

Doc

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 03:32:17 AM »

I apologize for the redundant language in the posting.  Everytime I edit the post and delete the double words, it adds another set.  Before anyone tries to explain forums to me (or maybe Google?)  I am very familiar with both, they are just not funcitoning properly.

I apologize for the redundant language in the posting.  Everytime I edit the post and delete the double words, it adds another set.  Before anyone tries to explain forums to me (or maybe Google?)  I am very familiar with both, they are just not funcitoning properly.

Update:Hey, amazing, it actually worked right that time.

Update2: Maybe not

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 04:09:35 AM »

Davo is correct there is bad sectors on the HD.  You will need to get the drive replaced.  If the unit is still within its warranty please contact your regional support for an RMA.

Doc

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 05:15:48 AM »

If you had actually read my post you would have seen that I JUST BOUGHT IT A FEW DAYS AGO.  I certainly hope it's covered.  Actually, I don't really care if its covered because the store will take back the POS.  This is the second one in four days and they both went up in flames with ALL sorts of problems.  AGAIN:  If I have a bad sector, why is it not showing up on the checkdisk?  AGAIN: why is this error code not listed on the knowledge database article?  Before you ask for me to take a screenshot of your own website, why don't you just use google to find it like I did?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 05:44:24 AM »

what are you bitching about??? You asked a question, i answered it, just because its not the answer you wanted does not mean you can go off insulting people.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

WebZm

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 11:25:17 AM »

Hello.

I'm having the same issue with my LS-QL4TB, but my unit is out of warranty.

I've thoroughly seached the web interface and cannot figure out which of the 4 drives has bad sectors.

How do I determine which one is bad?

All 4 drives show solif Green lights, none are showing any other colors or are blinking.

Thanks.