Author Topic: HD-PF250U2 not recognized  (Read 2316 times)

crazedjx

• Calf
HD-PF250U2 not recognized
« on: August 09, 2009, 09:09:32 PM »
   I have a PF250U2 working nicely for me over the past few months on my vista laptop. However, when I plug my device in today, my pc says that USB device not recognized. I suspect that there is a problem with the device driver as it is listed as an unknown device. Under device status, it says that there is no driver installed for this device. May I know where can I find a driver for this? Pls help! Thanks in advance.

sethz

• El Toro
Re: HD-PF250U2 not recognized
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »

There is no special driver needed for these drives, they only need USB disk drivers. Do you have a second computer you can try it with?

When you see ti as an unknown device in Device Manager, try removing it and replugging it in.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 03:04:19 PM »
Also, humor me and try the external power cable that came with this unit- if you haven't already

crazedjx

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 04:22:18 AM »
   In fact, I've been searching the web and this forum for a long time and saw all the methods as mentioned for troubleshoot. Nothing works, hence decided to post on forum. Tried 2 PCs (one vista one XP) and 2 notebooks (one vista one XP). Tried different USB cables. Used external power source with supplied cable. Unplug and replug. Still shows as unknown device. Maybe I missed out something. Otherwise, the drive is dead (and I'm not laughing). It's a pity. Thanks for the help though.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »
So does the disk show up in disk management?  Sorry, if you have already tried this but I need to know everything that you have tried.