Author Topic: List of printers compatible with the Linkstation print server?  (Read 4545 times)

mouphi

• Calf
List of printers compatible with the Linkstation print server?
« on: January 05, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »

Hi,

Is a list available of printers known to be compatible, or vice-versa incompatible?

I've seen that the printer needs to support PostScript and for it not to rely on Bidirectional communication, but most online reatilers don't detail this is the specs.

Can anyone reccommend a decent inkjet which they've got working?

My setup:

Linkstation LS-CHL 1TB v1.01

1 x Windows XP

1 x Windows Vista Home Premium

Thanks.

ScottP

• Tatanka
Re: List of printers compatible with the Linkstation print server?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:25:20 AM »

While we don't maintain an official list of compatible printers, I've never seen many issues with standard, non multi-function, plain ol' Inkjet printers from HP and Epson.

The printer I used at home for the past few years was a Deskjet 952c, which is long out of production, but it worked flawlessly with our print server from both PC and Mac systems on the network.  It failed mechanically though after several reliable years of service, and was replaced with a PhotoSmart 4580, which has wireless built into it, negating the need for using a print server anymore.

I apologize for not being able to narrow down the printer list, but stick to a norrmal inkjet printer that doesn't scan or fax, and you should be fine.  Most printer companies do cover "print languages" in their spec sheets, if you're looking to make sure the printer you're browsing for supports PostScript.

mouphi

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 10:31:22 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of going for a Canon PIXMA iP2600. It's not multi-function so fingers crossed!

mdntblu

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:34:30 AM »
   I'm trying to get an HP LaserJet 4L with a Parallel 2 USB cable to work on it.  Can't get it to work.  Probably won't since if I remember correctly when I had that printer hooked to my PC there was special drivers loaded for that cable to work.  Have to find a USB laser printer to attach. Any ideas on which ones work well with it?