Author Topic: Drivestation HD_CXU2 no drive letter assigned cannot access drive  (Read 1279 times)

Tyrone

• Calf
Drivestation HD_CXU2 no drive letter assigned cannot access drive
« on: September 16, 2010, 03:14:54 AM »

Last week I bought a Drivestation HD-CXU2 to backup my computer as I was going to reinstall my operating system. Now I have done that I cannot access the backup I made or the drive itself. If I go to disk management it shows the drive is connected the size and online but no drive letter is assigned and properties is unavailable. I did not use encryption or a password when I made the original backup. I tried installing the backup utility on my new OS and could not find any previous backup. I would very much appreciate any help retrieving my data.
Thank You, Ty

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
Re: Drivestation HD_CXU2 no drive letter assigned cannot access drive
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 08:33:44 AM »

Since the drive is being displayed please try entering disk management, right clicking on the drive, that select assign a drive letter or path and try to assign a letter

Tyrone

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 07:25:48 AM »

Thank you for your sugestion.  That option is not available though.  I am using Win 7 64 bit.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 02:33:23 PM »

Interesting, you didn't encrypt the drive even though it's a data vault and that's what it is meant to do.  Is there an option to initialize the disk when you follow the steps in the previous post?