Author Topic: Unable to login to WebAccess  (Read 2673 times)

e_n40

• Calf
Unable to login to WebAccess
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:08:43 AM »

Linkstation Pro Duo 2.0tb : LS-WTGLD08 (LS-WTGL/R1-V3)

I have followed the instructions in the manual for setting up WebAccess and shares.  I have 2 shares: 1 for anonymous access and one where only a single user has permissions (read/write).  When i connect to the LinkStation via BuffaloNas.com, i am sent to the public share and can access it fine.  However, when i click 'Login'  I am presented with a login dialog but cannot get past it.  Entering the same username and password that work fine when connecting with Windows Explorer results in a '401 - Unauthorized' message. 

I am using Vista And IE.  (WebAccess doesn't wok at all with Google Chrome, my default browser)

Anyone have any ideas?

Message Edited by e_n40 on 02-19-2009 11:11 AM
Message Edited by e_n40 on 02-19-2009 11:20 AM

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: Unable to login to WebAccess
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 02:17:44 PM »
On the restricted share, try setting the webaccess option to "Use inherited folder permissions"

e_n40

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 02:21:20 PM »
   Yes, I have followed the instructions in the manual exactly, including using inherited permissions.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 02:09:55 PM »
Make sure you have the latest firmware. If you need an update, after the firmware update make sure you reset the device to factory defaults from the web interface.

Tigerwood

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 01:26:50 AM »

I've the same problem as e_n40 has mentioned. I also have the latest firmware 3.09.  Greatly appreciate it if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

timothious

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 01:45:06 PM »

I am encountering problems getting started with LinkStation Pro also.  Can't log in. I have settled with webaccess problems for now but want to manually back up - simply can't get the drive to be seen... when i finally got a folder to log in - i get "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items." 

have Mac OSX. Tiger. no time machine.  wireless here at home but even plugged in - can't transfer/copy/back up drives. 

contemplating giving up after constant roadblocks and returning drive.  purchase one at 1/2 the price that will allow me to manually back up.  

followed manual.  got web access.  please help.