Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH: How to set a static IP (WAN)  (Read 3051 times)

piflintstone

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH: How to set a static IP (WAN)
« on: July 30, 2010, 11:21:41 AM »

Hi,

I am starting to get annoyed by this router. I read through the manual, searched the Internet....and nothing. There is one thread in this forum stating to have "solved" the problem which I highly doubt:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Solved-Wireless-Threads/Set-up-Static-IP-on-wzr-hp-g300nh/m-p/19648

There is a picture shown at the end of that thread that Iīve never seen on my routers menu, this is what my menu looks like:;

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7071/nostatic.jpg

Now, I know I can set the routerīs mode from Auto to On/Off, but On just makes it work the way it does (DHCP, yay :| ) and off from my understanding will turn off WAN completely.

My provider does support DHCP assigned IPs, but I need to set it manually as the IP I have is a static IP.

Could someone here please enlighten me on how to set my routers IP settings manually without that damned "wizardry" and "DHCP" stuff?

Help appreciated.

sethz

• El Toro
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH: How to set a static IP (WAN)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »

Make sure you set the swith to ON. On that same internet tatb in the web interface you should see this, make sure you choose "use this address" then fill in your ISPs info in the Advanced settings

Perform Easy Setup (Internet Connection Wizard)
Acquire an IP Address Automatically from a DHCP Server
Use PPPoE Client
Use IP Unnumbered
Use this address

Static IP Address
Subnet Mask

piflintstone

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 09:52:29 AM »

Wow, now I really feel like an idiot. I should have checked the on Setting I guess, although, they should mention such things in the manual.

Thank you very much, this solved my problem ;)

plattfuss

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 06:12:18 AM »

I managed to set WAN IP to static, but is there a way to set WZR-HP-G300NH to act like gateway and not like router?