Author Topic: using opendns with Buffalo router  (Read 1473 times)

Sanford

• Calf
using opendns with Buffalo router
« on: August 01, 2010, 01:53:31 AM »

I just bought  a WHr-HP-G300 ver. 1.82(R1.12/B1.00) and am using th edd-wrt-based Professional Firmware it came with.  I like to use OpenDNS for my DNS server and tried to set it up but it is not working.  It looks like it should be as straightforward as it has been with other routers I have used.  I opened the Airstation Gui, clicked on "internet/lan", and went down to "advanced settings."  I left the "Default Gatway" blank and entered the primary and secondary DNS Name Servers for OpenDNS.  Under the '"Diagnostics" tab it shows that those are the DNS servers the router is using. Great.  But when I rebooted everything (just to make sure),  fired up firefox, and went to the OpenDNS page that is supposed to say whether I am using their DNS servers, it says I am not.  I do not know much about all this, but just to try something, I went into Network Connections on my XP desktop, clicked on Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) Properties," and changed the DNS servers there to OpenDNS as well.  Still no luck.    I must be missing something here.  Help would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.  Sanford