Author Topic: LS-XHL & AVI Streaming  (Read 1274 times)

Hartman13

• Calf
LS-XHL & AVI Streaming
« on: August 17, 2010, 07:33:34 AM »

I recently got a Linkstation Pro (LS-XHL) and decided to quickly try out the media streaming service that came with it. I believe the firmware that came with it was 1.24 or 1.26, i can't quite remember. Anyway, i booted up my Xbox 360, went to the video library section and saw the Linkstation device. I read in the manual that it should stream .avi, .wmv, and many others so i tryed most of them. All of them worked that the 360 allows except for the .avi's. I received some error saying that this media is not supported (Not sure the exact wording or error # atm) but it definitely should be (Note* Streaming the .avi's from my computer to my 360 works). I tryed updating the media server, restarting it, etc. I finally decided to upgrade the firmware to 1.33 and see if it better results, which it didn't. I was reading another thread (Here) that sounded like the problem im having but his final solution required downgrading firmware and formatting. Now is this a problem with the Media Server provided with the Linkstation? How can i fix this or is there a fix currently in the making? Any help would be appreciated. Like i said, i did my own searching and most solutions required old firmware and deleting everything.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: LS-XHL & AVI Streaming
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:31:18 PM »

Since the XBOX 360 is not a DLNA compliant device if you're receiving an error in the streaming of media that is unfortunately something that can't be helped.  We do support the NAS media server function but if the device being used is not DLNA compliant we don't have a fix or a recommendation other than those provided by users on the forum.  There is no fix in the works for our firmware to increase the compatibility between the XBOX 360 and our products, I'm sorry. :(