Author Topic: LS-WXL nightmare :O(  (Read 1615 times)

panrix

• Calf
LS-WXL nightmare :O(
« on: July 01, 2012, 03:37:50 AM »

Hi there,

First post and only after 3 days of reading FAQ's, "solved" and other such helpful things on this forum and many others.

I decided to change the drives in my NAS from 2x1Tb's to 2x2Tb's (WD20EARX) and stupidly thought the NAS would happily reformat them to whatever it needed to - idiot!!!

I put the new drives in and turned the NAS on only to be met with 6 flashes of the Info/Error LED.  A quick look on here showed me that I needed to try to update the firmware and this is where the going round in circles bit starts :O(

The NAS wouldn't show up for the LSUpdater program so I performed the TFTP procedure - what an absolute hell just to get into EM mode.

The NAS then showed up in LSUpdater but then when I clicked Update, it said it couldn't find it!!!!!!!!!

I eventually found I had to change my IP to a 169 range to match the one on the NAS, this enabled the Update button to start the process.

Update sent the firmware code over but then failed with ACP_STATE_FAILURE message which sent me back off to find out what the hell that is!!!!

Downloaded ACP Commander and, after setting UDP 22936 correctly, cleared the BOOT area of the NAS.

ACP Commander seemed to think it had cleared the BOOT area, but I've just run LSUpdater again and got the same ACP_STATE_FAILURE message!!!!!

Laptop, PC and NAS are very close to being thrown out the window!!!!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

panrix

• Calf
Re: LS-WXL nightmare :O(
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:04 AM »

Hello again,

As I thought, my situation is beyond help and people have, wisely, decided to give me a wide berth lol

I thought I had it just a few minutes ago :O(

I cloned the original 1Tb drive to one of the 2Tb ones and booted it - stuck in EM mode so I thought I'd try to redo the firmware.  The firmware install went beyond anything else I've seen over the past 4 days including transferring the big 200+ meg file - "great", I thought.  Wrong... when it rebooted, I'm back to the dreaded 6 red flashes!!!!

I think beer is called for.

Cloning again just to see.....